We are looking for an experienced graphic designer with strong writing skills to join the creative team made up of BlueHive exhibit, event and graphic designers and its marketing division, Trigon Creative. This person would fill the role of Content Designer, a position that will likely be a 60/40 split between design and writing (design taking the majority). As such, this person will report directly to the Creative Director for marketing design and content development projects, as well as report to the Chief Creative Officer on projects relating to exhibit design. This is a full-time, mid-level creative position that is mostly focused on supporting internal creative initiatives for the BlueHive Group.
Who You Are:
You’re a self-starter who can take creative direction and run with it to work independently, crafting designs and content that are compelling and meaningful. You can easily present and pitch your work, internalize feedback and make changes as directed, even for tight-turnaround deadlines. When you develop visual assets, you not only take the time to understand the client and their brand, but you try to push their creative forward with thoughtful design strategy and implementation. In other words, you’re comfortable coming up with the visual direction for the projects you work on. When it comes to writing, you can communicate intelligently and with purpose, crafting engaging captions as well as developing engaging long-form reads. You’re often curious, asking questions and pondering they ‘why’ behind the marketing and design strategies you’re supporting.
- Support the marketing strategy and creative deliverables developed by the Creative Director
- Social media management for BlueHive Group entities: BlueHive Group (when warranted), BlueHive Exhibits, Trigon Creative, Continental Woodcraft, Lime I&D Services and Bee Ready Graphics. This includes content development (written and visual – video, graphic or image), content scheduling and posting, and fan engagement (monitoring and responding to comments, likes and shares, as well as direct messages)
- Social media outreach for BlueHive Group entities: BlueHive Exhibits, Lime I&D Services and Bee Ready Graphics, to include reaching out to like-brands or followers and engaging with them (via commenting, liking or sharing their content) on a regular basis
- Content development for BlueHive Group entities to include press releases, emails, blogs and website content
- Proof-reading of content for BlueHive Group entities and BlueHive/Trigon clients
- Ad hoc content development support to the Creative Director for client and prospect presentations
- Design (new and updates made) of presentations, letterhead, business cards, sell-sheets, brochures, table tents and other printed or digital files for all BlueHive Group entities
- Design (new and updates made) of all outward-facing advertising/marketing communications for BlueHive Group entities, including but not limited to print ads, direct mail, postcards, OOH, posters, banners, email graphics, infographics, etc.
- Design (new and updates made) of website graphic and other visual assets for BlueHive Group entities
- Design of all creative deliverables for Trigon clients, including but not limited to digital display ads (static and HTML), logos, branding guides, print, digital graphics, virtual event visuals, website graphics and visual assets, OOH, etc.
- Ad hoc graphic design support for 2D and 3D exhibit designers and graphic producers
- Ad hoc copywriting/content development for Trigon clients in support of the Creative Director
What You Bring to the Table
- 3-5+ years in graphic design and writing
- Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, Communications or Marketing, preferred
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills
- Proficient skills in full Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn and collaborate
- Energy and an entrepreneurial drive
- Creative portfolio with a range of work demonstrating design and writing required to apply (writing can be separate samples)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Job location: 7 Coppage Drive, Worcester, MA, USA
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jillian Fafard at: email@example.com.